Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 9: Becoming a Movie Buff = Good Business

Friday night, a small group of us went for Mexican food and followed it up with game- and movie- night. I am absolutely HORRIBLE at trivia, but somehow did pretty good at the "Scene It" game where it's all about movie trivia.

This past week, I've been to the movie theater THREE times and watched numerous movies on DVD too.

Man... what a BUM I am... right??

Oh no, my creative-business-owner friends. It's ALL in the name of good business sense. Where do you think all our creativity and eye for a moment comes from? LOTS of places, but if you're like me you probably delight in observing all the different techniques, angles, applications, scenes, setups, backdrops, costumes, casting, and movement in movies.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is we NEED to get out and get INSPIRED on a regular basis to keep those creative-juices flowing!! Movies are a big source for me... people watching, dance, magazines, novels, art, friends, stories, theater, and music are some others.

What are some things you've been inspired by lately??

No comments:

 
Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com