Monday, August 6, 2007

Perfection Leads to Procrastination

I have this problem. It starts with a capital "P."

I *love* to Procrastinate. I also love to do things right and do the best possible job ... or not do it at all. Yes, sometimes I'm guilty of being a Perfectionist. For months, the emails, notes, scribbles, articles, quotes, inspirations, facts, stories, reviews, and recaps have been piling up on my desk, kitchen table, filing cabinet, inbox, and finally in a so-called-designated-email-folder-titled-"blogstuff."

This new shiny blog has been prepped and tested. It still has a few tweaks but is functional and awaiting my use. But now I don't know where to start. If I had posted about the aforementioned "blogstuff" when I was going through it, it would have been so much easier. Now it's difficult. What to do?

"Why do today what can be put off until tomorrow."

LOL. That one cracks me up. I'm pretty sure it belongs on one of those Demotivator posters that I discovered when working in corporate America. A group of us spent an entire lunch hour one day laughing at all of these until we were crying, all the while contemplating which ones to gift to each other.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well... it would be more PERFECT to talk about how to solve this "P" problem in another post... perhaps I'll procrastinate until tomorrow on this one....

In the meantime, I'm going to know that sometimes giving up on perfection is necessary - in all areas of life. Otherwise, I might not press the "publish" button just yet...

No comments:

 
Blog template customizaton by Mike @ www.oppositeoffear.com